Key points to remember while selecting a country and its university to study MBBS abroad.
- Select a university with good infrastructure.
- Go through a good consultancy to study MBBS abroad.
- Choose the consultancy that serves till the completion of your MBBS.
- Make sure they do not play with students’ futures.
- If the university is globally recognized or not.
If there is no seat at the medical colleges in India, we need to find a university abroad to complete the doctor’s dream! There is also a possibility of completing low-quality medical education in countries where it is not recognized. But which country to choose for studying MBBS abroad? How is the teaching in those universities? Many of these questions pierce the brain of students and parents. Parents are very concerned that will a girl be able to pass a medicine. Dr. Rama Subramaniam, a practicing doctor now, who studied medicine abroad.
Mr. Subrahmanyam, who is in the profession of Doctor, wanted to make his daughter a ‘doctor’. But his daughter Prahrshita lost the seat in the top Indian medical universities by a few marks. Subramanian, who was confused as to where to send his daughter, wanted to look at the medical colleges and decide by himself. In all the countries, he finally chose Southwestern University of the Philippines.
He said, “Our girl did not get a native medicine seat here so we decided to choose the best university to study MBBS abroad in our budget”. It is believed that one can become a good doctor if they put the word into their talent. But one must choose the right country and college to study MBBS abroad to create a good path for their future.
He continued, “That’s why I did a lot of research. The consultants, however, were very attractive. It is believed that the cost is low, must pass the MCI exam, and in most cases, there is no failure in the MBBS. Other colleges, however, say that the fee is low, with thousands of them, which means 3000 to 400 medical seats. The question was- How many seats should there be, how many patients should they have, how can they get practice? Many questions had arisen. I decided not to cheat on our girl’s career, but I decided to go directly to the respective countries.
I went to Russia and China and everything seemed fine but something was still missing. Finally, I looked at the ‘Southwestern University’ in the Philippines. There, I was fascinated by the infrastructure, labs, library, practical learning available for students. Southwestern University has no real resemblance to the colleges of other countries. Tummala Ravikanth, Head of Southwestern University’s ‘India’s Official Representative’, Wisdom Overseas, decided to take admission there without any further thought.”
All the arrangements and work was done by Southwestern University ‘India’s Official Representative’, Wisdom Overseas Head- Tummala Ravikanth.
Language is Important
The first language of a particular country is important for studying MBBSabroad. Communication is the key to understanding classes and communicating with patients. In some of the countries, teaching takes place in the primary languages of those countries. As a result, the student who travels to those countries has to devote time to learn the local language.
Due to the language issue, students and parents have noticed that Indian students are grouped together. This does not give the student global exposure. But the teaching of Southwestern University is in English for students of all nations combined. All in one place.
College, Hostel, and Hospital are nearby
In most of the countries, colleges, hostels, and hospitals are in different places. Also, it is a bit embarrassing for girls and boys to reside in one place. Southwestern University seemed very different in these matters. The library is available to over 2000 people. There are digital boards embracing advanced technology. There is a different hostel for girls and boys. The hostel is right next to the college.
There is a 1000-bed hospital on the same premises. Patients’ count was also very high. This gives students a lot of practical knowledge. Because of the high weight of clinical exams in MCI exams, students can easily pass the test due to practical knowledge.
- In order to complete the course of medicine in the country takes 6+ years. But at Southwestern University, you can complete the MD (deemed medicine course in the Philippines) in just 5 years.
- The climate is unusual in all countries. Rains and downpours occur with uncertainty. But in the Philippines, everyone is in the climatic conditions similar to India. An average temperature of 20 to 30 degrees Celsius is recorded.
- The Philippines ranks third in the world in security which makes it a safe country. The Philippines has a large number of students from all over the world. This helps in increasing our students’ range of thinking.
- Anatomy and dissection are very important for the students of Medicine. In some countries, bodies are not handed over due to religious barriers. They are taught practicals with the help of toys. But in the Philippines, there is the availability of dead bodies. Practicals are very important for students who want to excel as a doctor. Where there are more patients, students obviously learn a lot.
- In some colleges, consultants are sub-agents. There will be no benefits for students if they join them. There is no direct contact with college administrators when any problem arises academically. Southwestern University spokesperson and Wisdom Overseas’ chief Tummala Ravikant is taking care of our Telugu students. A fine Telugu meal is also made available to the students every day. For the past six to seven years he has been the in-charge of Telugu students.
- The Wisdom Overseas consultancy team in the Philippines constantly works for Indian students.
- Southwestern University is accredited with the WHO and the MCI.
- World-class Library, Anatomy Lab, 3D Learning, Team Learning Centers, all of which are very useful for students is available at SWU< PHINMA.
- Southwestern University is an excellent venue for students with a desire to read and perseverance.
- In addition, parents may also have the option of paying fees in semester-wise installments (which is helpful for obvious reasons).
- Banks also offer educational loans on the basis of parental financial support. You can also study for free through government schemes.
So, instead of studying MBBS in India, why not study MBBS abroad? Especially, the Philippines as they have better facilities and the country is favorable for Indians at a greater level than any other country. You can also contact Wisdom Overseas like Dr. Subramaniam did for his daughter and fly away to study your dream career at Southwestern University, PHINMA in the Philippines.