There are two types of visa one can get. they are said to be 9(f) student visas and 9(a) temporary visitor’s visas. This 9(a) visa can also be converted to 9(f) student visa. Read on to know the simplest war to get a visa for studying MBBS in the Philippines.
The candidate applying for understudy visa, having satisfactory methods for training and backing in the Philippines, must be at any rate eighteen (18) years of age and looks to enter the Philippines briefly and exclusively to take up a course of concentrate higher than secondary school at an academy, theological college, institute, or school, endorsed for outside understudies by the Commissioner of Immigration.
The understudy candidate should initially speak with the school concerned and conform to the school’s institutional necessities.
Said school shall advance the application to the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) for endorsement. When affirmed, the application will be taken by CHED to the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation (BID) and then sent to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA). The DFA will educate the Philippine Embassy for issuance regarding the understudy visa. The Philippine Embassy is then supposed to inform the understudy accordingly.
Requirements for (9f) Student Visa:
- Personal appearance;
- Two originals of the duly accomplished application form;
- Original passport valid not less than six months beyond the intended period of
stay in the Philippines;
- 2 photographs;
- Original and 1 photocopy of birth certificate verified and authenticated at the
Embassy of the Philippines;
- Original and 1 photocopy of the affidavit of support executed by parent/s or
legal guardian to be authenticated at the Embassy of the Philippines;
- 2 photocopies of parent/guardian’s passport data page;
- Original and 1 photocopy of transcript of records authenticated at the Embassy
of the Philippines;
- Original and 1 photocopy of the certificate of good moral character authenticated
at the Embassy of the Philippines;
- Original and 1 photocopy of police certificate authenticated by the Embassy of
- Original and 1 photocopy of medical examination reports, including X-ray film
contained in an envelope, authenticated at the Embassy of the Philippines;
- Duly accomplished Personal History Statement forms from the school concerned;
- Original and 1 photocopy of a comprehensive list of student’s possible contact
persons in the Philippines;
- A diploma is required for student applicant who will pursue graduate studies
(authenticated at the Embassy of the Philippines);
- Payment of Rs. 16,000 (subject to periodic change) in demand draft, payable to the Embassy of the Philippines.
9(a) TEMPORARY VISITOR’S VISA FOR CONVERSION INTO 9(f) STUDENT VISA
Students are firmly advised to get a 9(f) understudy visa before heading off to the Philippines to keep away from the burden of changing over their 9(a) transitory guest’s visa amidst their schooling. In any case, outsiders who wish to study in the Philippines may likewise enter the country utilizing 9(a) brief guest’s visa which might be changed over into 9(f) student visa or Special Study Permit (SSP) in the Philippines.
The student is accountable for keeping a track of the accreditation of their chosen college with the Philippines’ Bureau of Immigration (BI) and Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
Upon the collection of visa application, a non-refundable fee is charged with Rs. 2,560 for regular processing to be paid in demand draft to the Embassy of the Philippines. Students who have been accepted into a learning institution in the Philippines must comply with the requirements for the issuance of 9 (a) visa.
Still not sure or have any questions? Contact us now at Wisdom Overseas to get precise details required to study MBBS in the Philippines.