There are about 50,000 seats and approximately 400 MBBS colleges in India. Despite so many seats, not all students are lucky enough to get themselves an admission seat in the college. There are various reasons which include NEET rank or choice of college but the primary reason is the cost of seats. Half of the seats belong to private colleges and the cost of each seat is about Rs. 50 Lakh. Yes, you read that right. It is surprising to see such figures and that is the reason why students and parents are open to universities and colleges abroad and they are considering options like studying MBBS in the Philippines.
If any other country offers us the same level of education or better, great architecture, good accommodation, soothing environment and less cost (at least than what private colleges are demanding) then why would anyone not want to fly abroad to achieve their dream?
This is where studying MBBS in the Philippines comes in to play alongside to help you complete your goal. You ask how? Because the Philippines is the best place for Indians to study medicine as it offers the same climate, costs less money, everything mentioned above and many more reasons such as,
Reasons to study MBBS in the Philippines
- The MD in the Philippines is considered to be the same as MBBS in India by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- MBBS degree from the Philippines is recognized and respected all over the world because of its high standard.
- The universities in the Philippines are approved by the WHO and MCI which is very advantageous for Indians.
- The medical colleges in the Philippines have no capitation fees or donations for enrollment as they are administered by the Philippines Ministry of Education.
- The similarity in climate is another advantage for Indians wanting to study MBBS in the Philippines. It ranges from 22 °C to 33 °C which is like the Indian environment.
- Because of the similar climate, diseases are also alike in both the countries which give students an edge to perfect their practical experience in the Philippines and practice the same in India.
- The education system followed in the Philippines is the US education system which opens many international doors inclusive of the UK, Australia, and Canada and of course the USA, etc.
- The primary language spoken in the Philippines is English which saves students time from learning another language.
- The faculties and professors have a lot of experience and are ready to help you with your queries in every possible way.
- Medical colleges in the Philippines believe in practice over the theory which gives you hands-on experience rather than just knowledge on how to cure.
- There are many beds in hospitals connected with colleges that give you more exposure to real-time patients.
- After completing your graduation in MBBS, you can come back to India and register with MCI to continue practice here as MBBS colleges in the Philippines are recognized by the MCI.
- After completing the medical course from the Philippines, you do not need any extra courses. It is recognized by major Countries that offer you great career opportunities worldwide.
- Studying in the Philippines is affordable because of very little currency difference between India and the Philippines.
- The little currency difference makes the cost of living cheap and easy in the Philippines.
- Colleges have large messes and also Indian chefs to provide the same authenticity for Indian students.
- Students can easily communicate with patients as the Philippines is the 3rd largest country to speak English which can help students treat patients easily.
- If students have future plans to settle or practice in the US then they can crack USMLE part I and part II in the Philippines itself under the guidance of medical professors at the university.
- Comparing the data of students migrating to study MBBS in the Philippines, it is an upward graph with a vigorous increase every year.
- In the Philippines, the best university to study medicine is Southwestern University for Indians.
If you want to know more details since you are already interested in doing MBBS in the Philippines then contact Wisdom Overseas now to fasten your admission process.