There are many countries where you can study MBBS abroad. Countries like- the Philippines, Russia, China, Nepal, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, and some others are the most preferred locations for studying MBBS abroad. Each country has a different duration for the MBBS course ranging from 5 years to 6.5 years.
Here is a list of advantages for studying MBBS in the Philippines over other countries
Studying MBBS in the Philippines
- The Philippines has American-style teaching which is similar to what Indian education system.
- English is the official language and 95% of people speak English. The country is the 3rd largest English-speaking country in the world.
- There is no need to learn the local language separately. You will be able to communicate in English with Patients.
- Many students travel to the US for further studies and jobs after studying MBBS in the Philippines. We have all the resources needed for cracking the USMLE (the United States Medical Licensing Examination).
- Being a tropical country, you will be curing diseases in the Philippines similar to India. This is very beneficial for students in clinical orientation if they decide to come back to our country after studying MBBS in the Philippines.
- Our type of food is easily available. By this, we mean that we serve Indian food for students studying MBBS along with a separate on-campus hostel.
- The climate in the Philippines is very much like the weather conditions in India. So, students traveling to study MBBS in the Philippines do not have to adjust to any unknown climatic change.
- On average, the temperature ranges between 23 degrees and 33 degrees. Indians are compatible with this kind of temperature.
- You can complete your medical course in 5 years after intermediate by studying MBBS in the Philippines.
- The colleges have affiliated large hospitals. Southwestern University, in particular, has 4,500 beds in its attached hospital. This can help students get more exposure and practical learning.
- The universities in the Philippines has a high pass percentage in the MCI screening test compared to other major MBBS countries.
- The cost of studying MBBS in the Philippines is low compared to India and other countries.
- There is no donation at universities in the Philippines, unlike India.
Studying MBBS in other countries (China, Russia, Ukraine)
- These countries have their own teaching methods which are not American-style.
- Medical students studying in China and Russia are required to learn the local languages like Chinese and Russian respectively. These languages are the official languages of the countries and spoken by locals more than English.
- Patients speak the local language which makes it hard for international students to treat them. Also, learning Chinese and Russian is difficult.
- USMLE Preparation is not given much importance. This is the reason why students going to the USA for higher studies are fewer.
- Cold countries, snowing for three months of the year are less likely to learn the disease sequence in India. The necessary practice is not available.
- Food in other countries is expensive. Also, Indian food is not easily available in these countries. There is snowfall for 3 months of the year in Russia. Winters have a temperature of about -20 degrees.
- Indian students may often get sick due to adverse weather conditions and would not be able to concentrate on studying.
- The course duration of MBBS in China and Russia is 6 years which is not much favored by students.
- Colleges are located in small towns away from big cities. Though, the campus of the colleges in Russia is vast.
- The MCI screening test results in a very low pass percentage in the countries mentioned above.
- The cost of studying MBBS abroad is high compared to India and the Philippines in countries like China, Russia, Kyrgyzstan.
- There is a donation fee to be paid at universities in countries like China and Russia, like India.
Now, you know the difference between studying MBBS in the Philippines and studying MBs abroad in other countries. Choose wisely and if you still have doubts or not clear where to study MBBS abroad then contact us so we can answer all your queries. This will help you understand the MBBS abroad scenario and give you the best kickstart to study MBBS abroad with our guidance.