How to get MBBS Admission in Philippines
Philippines have become the most sought out destination now for plenty of students that are dreaming of medical education. The fascination is increasing every year with all the optimistic responses of the existing students. Philippines emerged as the target to achieve their dreams among the countless competitive countries by providing quality and cost-effective education with US standards.
About the Course
In India medical course is known as MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) and the total course duration is 5 years and a one-year internship after the course completion. In the Philippines the course is divided into BS-MD program, BS-Bachelor of Science and MD represents as Doctor of Medicine is 5 years, 5 ½ years and also 6 years in total according to the Universities/Colleges offering the degree. MD program is 4 years with the final year of clerkship which is compulsory similar to our internship program of India. The variation in the course duration depends on the college’s BS-Bachelor of Science program which is 1 or 1 ½ or 2 years duration based on the colleges/universities. But all the programs are approved by the CHED and also recognized by MCI, WHO, USMLE, FAIMER, ECFMG, WFME, and other reputed medical councils of the world.
What is CHED?
CHED is the Commission on Higher Education of Philippines which is the governing body of medicine and other higher education in the country like our MCI in India. All the colleges/Universities should get proper approvals from CHED in order to get the medical degrees that are eligible in the world medical councils. One needs to check for the MCI recognized universities in Philippines while joining in any of the institutions of the country.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission:
All the students that are willing to join MBBS in Philippines should qualify the eligibility criteria of the Philippines Embassy and the norms of the MCI to study MBBS abroad. To complete the admission process for Philippines every one of the students should properly consider the below-mentioned eligibility criteria’s to get to the next step of the Visa process for MBBS abroad.
- 17 years of minimum age
- 25 years of maximum age
- Intermediate/+2/12th pass with compulsory subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- The PCB total percentage should be at least 50% for General category and 40% for SC/ST &OBC reserved categories.
- English is also a compulsory subject to pass but the English medium of education is not a compulsory
- Passing in all the subjects of intermediate/+2/ 11 & 12th is also compulsory for the eligibility. If anyone is failed in any one of the subjects but got more than 50% of PCB is also not eligible to apply for MBBS abroad.
- NEET qualification is also a must for Visa eligibility of Philippines.
- 50% NEET score in all the subjects for General category
- 45% NEET score in all the subjects for Gen-Physically Handicapped
- 40%NEET score in all the subject for SC, ST, OBC, and PH of the reserved categories
Documents required for Admission:
- 10th/ SSC passed mark sheet/memorandum
- 12th/+2/Intermediate passed mark sheet/memorandum
- NEET pass rank card
- Transfer Certificate
- 17 years of minimum age
- 24 years of maximum age (those who crossed 24 years are not eligible)
- Birth Certificate
- Passport with a minimum of 6 months validity
- Police Clearance Certificate
- NOC from parents to send their child to the Philippines
- Medical certificate showing the student fit to study and travel
- Bank statement with a minimum/closing balance of above 2 lakhs
- Income & Caste certificate
- Aadhar Card color copy of the student
- Attested Pan card copies of both the parents/guardians
- Color passport size photos with white background
Steps involved in Admission Procedure:
Guidelines to Students:
- Students should check for all the details and MCI list of recognition of the college
- Get counseling from a dedicated Consultant
- Talk with any of the course completed/currently studying students and parents
- Know about all the information first hand
- Provide all the required Original Documents
- Follow the instructions of the Consultant and not to obstruct the admission process
- Pay the payment through the official Bank accounts of the college and consultancy
- Know about the complete process of admission
- Learn about the requirements to finish the Visa interview
- Understand the information of the country, college, and hostel
- Clearly ask for the required things needed to get with you to the country
- Prepare properly for the travelling
- Learn about the Bank cards or other Exchange cards required for the money exchange
- Understand the local culture and the requirements to be followed as to not be a leftover
- Communicate properly with the dedicated consultant and know about the step by step process of all the requirements
- Maintain a friendly relationship with all your classmates as well as with your seniors
- Try to understand the Host countries rules, regulations and also the laws and try not to disobey them
- Maintain the dignity, decorum, and culture of the home country and be good to the host country.
- Don’t forget that you have gone to make your future there and they are also supporting the same in providing you with a good education.
- Try to respect the host Country, its Culture, College, and the Community.
TRY HARD UNTIL YOU SUCCEED
- Advice for parents about MBBS in Abroad after covid19
- Medical course in Philippines Vs China after Covid-19
- Impact of Coronavirus on Medical Aspirants